Fresh New Blog, Fresh New Apartment, Fresh New Start

Hi guys!

I thought it was about time for a new look with a brand new blog and really give writing a good go. 

I want to get my confidence up with writing as my job is starting to go that way a bit more, it's really exciting but I don't take criticism very well; so I'm taking the plunge and putting in the effort needed to make myself feel comfortable with my writing and hopefully make a few friends a long the way. Please feel free to let me know what you think :)

Anyway, with the formalities of why I'm here out of the way, I want to tell you some exciting news. I recently moved house! 

For the past year I've been living in a flat in the city on my own, paying my bills and not really enjoying it. On Friday last week, I moved in with a friend, some events brought us together and it all sort of fell into place.

My old flat, although lovely to look at and really quirky, it was cold. I couldn't warm the place up and it made me miserable. Since moving, I feel happier and strangely more upbeat about things. I don't have to sit there with layers upon layers, shivering and going to bed at 7 just to keep warm. Now though, whenever anyone asks how the new place is, the first thing I say is, "it's amazing, it's so warm!" people think I'm crazy for getting excited about this but when you've lived for so long without that normal heat, you really appreciate the little things.

Having said that, there are also some more amazing things to this place; there's a balcony as well, actual outdoor space where I can sit and enjoy some fresh air. I've not had this in a long time so I'm extremely happy about this. 
I have a balcony!

Moving itself was stressful, packing and unpacking is boring and not my type of thing at all. Luckily I wasn't moving from far away so it only took a couple of trips and luckily I have an amazing manager who helped out with her van (don't worry I gave her wine as payment) and a very strong boyfriend who happily (maybe) became my packhorse for the weekend. 

I wish I had some good advice for anyone about to move, a little life hack or something, but unfortunately all I can say is you have to go with it; pack those boxes, get grumpy because there's so much stuff, cry about moving away because it is all so worth it in the end. 

Unpacking at the other side is not any easier especially if like me there is less storage space, but it gives you chance to really start afresh, to get rid of those bits you wanted to see the back of years ago. It gave me a real sense of satisfaction, throwing out old clothes and bits of junk that were just cluttering up my old flat. 

All in all, I am so happy with this move. I feel settled and I can't wait to start making new memories here, to start saving some money and head towards my goals in live. It's amazing what a little change can make to your outlook.

So here's to everyone having a fresh start!

xx