Reviewing Mans Market in Leeds

It popped up on Instagram - an advert for a deal, beer and a box for £6. Bargain! I told my boyfriend we were going out for tea that night and that was that.

Arriving at Mans Market in Leeds, the funky neon light outside had me totally drawn in. Down the stairs we were greeted and asked to wait for someone to seat us, giving us chance to peruse the menu. 




Once seated we were told that they do things a little differently. You can write down your order for food and drinks and attach it to a giant peg that hangs over the table on what looks like an old meat hook rails. It actually looked really cool although I'm all for chatting to the staff, finding what they think is best on the menu and all that.

We had a bit of a chat and were told about the offer but the menu looked so good, of course we didn't just opt for the cheap one. I mean, I did but with extras!

I'm a sucker for prawn crackers so some of those were ordered. These are not just your average crackers, two massive pieces came out, it was a great little talking point!


Giant prawn crackers!
For main course, I did get the offer and chose the Yellowbean and Cashews dish with beef. This offer comes in a half size, hence why it's so cheap but it comes with rice and I found it was actually a really good size but yet again, I'm a sucker for extras and ordered some spring rolls as well. The beef cooked in the yellowbean sauce was rich and sticky and quite sweet, like a super thick hoisin. The rice was really interesting, it had an oaty flavour and was soft and squishy. The spring rolls were well cooked and not oily like some can be.

Matt (he's my boyfriend and a total babe) went for the Around The World Chicken Curry, this again came with rice but this was the adult portion and he polished it off like a good'un. There was a touch of spice with a few chilli's in but it was a tasty curry with lots of flavour.


Around the World Chicken Curry with rice & Yellowbean & Cashews with spring rolls

Both of these dishes were delicious! I would absolutely recommend coming here. If you enjoy quick Asian street food, this will be right up your alley...no pun intended, or maybe it was. The staff are so friendly and the atmosphere is delightfully relaxed. I even got a free scoop of delicious ice cream for checking in on Facebook. Good work Mans Market, you got me hook, line and sinker!

現在再見 (goodbye for now...loosely)