Rocking a bold lip...

It's only recently that i have started to enjoy experimenting with lip colours, i love lipstick but I've never been confident to wear anything more than a neutral nude.

I was constantly on the look out for the perfect red, then my best friend bought me Mac's Viva Glam 1, the red lipstick in my eyes. This is where my love of lipsticks came from, buying more and more. My current favourite shade is a really dark plum, I layer a few different ones on top of each other and make it different everytime, but the darker the better if I'm honest.

For Christmas, my boyfriend bought me one of Kat von D's studded lipsticks in Vampira. Such a beautiful colour, a rich, deep red that has some serious staying power. A colour for those days I'm feeling confident and powerful.
I recently went on a Lime Crime spending spree and bought 5 of their Velvetine liquid lipsticks. For my brother's wedding I was wearing an outfit which wasn't too dressed up so to add a bit of pizazz I opted for a really bold lip and chose Utopia for a real pop!

Lime Crime is a huge favourite of mine, the strong colours last for a really long time and don't dry out my lips like some other lipsticks do (I recommend a good lip primer to help with this also, Kiko do a brilliant one). I attended the work annual do a few months ago and really pushed myself out of my comfort zone and pulled out their Black Velvet Velvetine liquid lipstick and couldn't have been happier, I got lots of compliments and was so happy I can't wait to wear it again; now I've just got to find an event to wear Peacock to...


What's your favourite bold lip colour? I'd love to try new ones!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin buzzoole code