My Hair Care Routine

Hey guys!

I thought I would write a little something about how I look after my hair.

I haven't had my hair cut in just over a year, professionally anyway. I thin it out myself every now and again but not very often. I understand this is a mortal sin in many people's eyes but it's a luxury I've had to forgo for a little while. Instead I try and look after my hair with masks and avoid dying it. This is killing me (no pun intended).

I'm desperate to get my hair dyed and make it look exciting again,I'm just waiting for the right time. Until then, this is what I do with it to make sure it's as healthy as possible. 

Firstly I start off with a dose of Olaplex. This is mainly for people with bleach blonde hair to make it healthier to strip all the colour out. It starts mending hair from the inside rather than just smoothing it out like other hair treatments. I used to have bleach blonde hair, the ends still have bleach on them but with what was supposed to be a semi permanent gloss over the top when I wanted to go back to being brunette. I currently look like I have an intentional ombre effect in my hair. I go with it. I figured, anything that's going to fix my hair from the inside is worth a shot. 



I've used a lot of hair masks and treatments to make sure my hair still feels healthy. This is without a doubt the best treatment I've ever used for my hair. After 20 minutes, I washed it out and shampooed and conditioned my hair as normal and my hair felt incredible! And that's just with one wash! 

It's a weekly treatment but as I don't have fully bleached hair I'm opting for bi-weekly and see how that goes.

My current shampoo and conditioner are from the Wella Professional Oil Reflections range and again are incredible. I am left with soft, shiny, beautiful hair that I'm not sure you can tell hasn't been cut in over a year! 

A splodge of shampoo in hand, massage it in from root to tip and if I feel like really treating myself I'll give it another good going over then I wash it out.

Another splodge of conditioner and I apply it just to the ends, you don't want this sitting too heavy on your roots and making them look greasy as soon as you've washed your locks! I tend to leave this on no more than 3 minutes, depends on my schedule.

Once all the products are out of my hair i tend to spritz on a de-tangler but this is because I absolutely hate knots and want to cry when I try and get through them. The de-tangler works a treat and I only use a detangling comb on wet hair. Apparently it's not good to use a brush, who knew? 

Now, I am trying not to use as much heat on my hair so if I wash it on an evening I will just let it air dry but if I don't have the luxury of time, I spray some good heat protect spray on it and blast it with my hairdryer. 


I'll use a barrel brush to get some good volume but I'm still trying to get this right so it doesn't always work. It's then on with another spritz of heat protect spray and I straighten or curl my hair depending on how I'm feeling. Et voila, I'm done and dusted for the day. 

I try to go about 4 days without washing my hair and dry shampoo is a life saver. I love my to have lots of texture and I feel this adds a lot more volume to my bond descript style! 

Have you got any tips in your hair care routine? 

Bye for now xxx